- Discusses the most advanced techniques for diamond growth
- Assists diamond researchers in deciding on the most suitable process conditions
- Inspires readers to devise new CVD (chemical vapor deposition
Ever since the early 1980s, and the discovery of the vapour growth methods of diamond film, heteroexpitaxial growth has become one of the most important and heavily discussed topics amongst the diamond research community. Kobashi has documented such discussions with a strong focus on how diamond films can be best utilised as an industrial material, working from the premise that crystal diamond films can be made by chemical vapour disposition. Kobashi provides information on the process and characterization technologies of oriented and heteroepitaxial growth of diamond films. 1.
Overview of Oriented Growth2.
Diamond - Structure and CVD Growth3.
Microwave Plasma CVD Reactors4.
Other CVD Reactors5.
Crystal Orientations and Film Surface Morphology6.
Formation of Twins7.
Epitaxial Growth on cBN, Ni, and Other Substrates10.
HOD Film Growth12.
Oriented Growth on Noble Metals13.
Properties and Applications of Heteroepitaxial Diamond Films14.
- Notations and units
- Properties of diamond and other semiconducting materials
- Reconstruction of diamond surfaces
- Materials constants
- Phase diagrams of carbon and metals
- Carbon solubilities in metals
- Biasing and growth conditions for diamond growth