- 800MHz TI AM335X Series ARM Cortex-A8 Processors
- 512MB (2*256MB) DDR3 SDRAM, 512MB Nand Flash
- On-board Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- Two 2.0mm pitch 60-pin Male Expansion Connectors
- Supports for Linux 3.2.0, Android 4.2.2 and Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Supports -40 to +85 Celsius Extended Temperature Operation
Measuring only 70mm by 50mm, the MYC-AM335X is a highly-integrated low-cost ARM embedded SOM (System on Module) supporting 800MHz Texas Instruments (TI) Sitara AM335x (AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3358 and AM3359) ARM Cortex-A8 processors, featuring PowerVR™ SGX530 for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration as well as PRU/ICSS supporting real-time protocols such as EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, PROFIBUS, Ethernet Powerlink, Sercos, and others.
The MYC-AM335X CPU Module has integrated the AM335x processor, 512MB DDR3 SDRAM, 512MB Nand Flash and Gigabit Ethernet PHY chip on board and can be served as the core of your embedded system. It has two 2.0mm pitch 60-pin male expansion connectors for interconnecting with your base board, thus providing an interface for the base board to carry most of the I/O signals to and from the CPU module. One 2.0mm pitch 26-pin interface and one 2.54mm pitch 10-pin interface are also designed with only reserved solder joints which have extended a few signals for some special purpose.
The MYC-AM335X CPU Module series have six models with different AM335x processors. They are sharing the same pin-out with software fully compatible.
MYC-AM3352 CPU Module for TI AM3352MYC-AM3354 CPU Module for TI AM3354
MYC-AM3356 CPU Module for TI AM3356
MYC-AM3357 CPU Module for TI AM3357
MYC-AM3358 CPU Module for TI AM3358MYC-AM3359 CPU Module for TI AM3359
You can get to know the main differences of the six Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processors from below image.
AM335x Devices Comparison
The MYC-AM335X is the core of the MYD-AM335X development board which is a full-featured evaluation platform for users developing applications with Linux, Android and WinCE. Many peripheral interfaces such as two serial ports, four USB Host ports, one USB OTG port, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, one CAN, one RS485, one Micro SD, HDMI, LCD, Touch screen have been carried out by headers and connectors on the base board. It can work in harsh environment supporting -40 to +85 Celsius extended temperature operation and make it ideal for industrial embedded applications such as automotive, control systems, lighting, refining and processing.
Features Mechanical Parameters
MYD-AM335X Development Board
- Dimensions: 70mm x 50mm
- PCB Layers: 6-layer design
- Power supply: +3.3V/0.8A
- Working temperature: 0~70 Celsius (commercial grade) or -40~85 Celsius (industrial grade)
- Note: Our products are delivered of commercial grade (0~70 Celsius) by default. Anyhow the MYC-AM335X boards based on TI AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processors can work for industrial applications working in harsh environment with working temperature ranging from -40 Celsius to 85 Celsius. Please contact MYIR for price and availability of products of industrial grade if you needed.
- Linux 3.2.0
- Android 4.2.2
- Windows CE7
- TI AM3352, AM3354, AM3356, AM3357, AM3358, AM3359 (pin-to-pin compatible, 15x15 mm, 0.8-mm ball pitch, ZCZ package)
- 800-MHz ARM Cortex-A8 32-bit RISC MPU (Up to 1GHz)
- NEON™ SIMD Coprocessor
- 32KB/32KB of L1 Instruction/Data Cache with Single-Error Detection (parity)
- 256KB of L2 Cache with Error Correcting Code (ECC)
- SGX530 Graphics Engine
- Programmable Real-Time Unit Subsystem
Peripherals and Signals Routed to Pins
- 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
- 512MB Nand Flash
- On-board Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- One power indicator (Red LED)
- One user LED (Green)
- Two 2.0mm pitch 60-pin expansion connectors can carry out interfaces below
- 2 x USB2.0 OTG ports
- 6 x Serial ports
- 2 x I2C
- 1 x SPI
- 7 x ADC
- 2 x PWM
- 3 x SDIO
- One 2.0mm pitch 26-pin expansion interface
- One 2.54mm pitch 10-pin expansion interface