Visual Basic .NET is the most recent version of Microsoft's language for creating Windows programs and developing Internet applications. Visual Basic .NET forms part of the .NET Framework, the development environment now used for all Microsoft programming languages.
Visual Basic .NET is an enhanced edition of this popular language, incorporating all the functionality of Visual Basic 6 but with the addition of new object oriented features. Some of the terminology has changed in this new version of the product and the development environment has been enhanced but the main principles remain the same.
Visual Basic .NET Made Simple is intended for new programmers, as well as those who are upgrading from earlier versions of Visual Basic and those who have worked in different languages or environments and need to acquire new skills. No previous knowledge of Visual Basic, other languages or object oriented programming is required. However, readers are expected to have a basic knowledge of Windows and its operation.
Main topics covered include:
* Creating applications for Windows XP
* Writing and testing Visual Basic .NET code
* Accessing external databases
* Developing Internet applications
* No previous knowledge of Visual Basic required- ideal for new programmers and those upgrading from earlier versions of Visual Basic
* Extensive update of the bestseller Visual Basic 6 Made Simple
* Allows readers to develop their own applications and begin to discover the full capabilities on offer
Overview; Forms; Controls; Coding Events; Variables; Basic Instructions; Classes; Error Handling; Menues; Files; Graphics; Solutions to Exercises.