J-Link Ultra (8.16.00)
Hi-Speed JTAG/SWD Emulator for ARM7/9, Cortex and Renesas RX cores with USB interface, Segger
J-Link Ultra is a JTAG/SWD emulator designed for ARM/Cortex and other supported CPUs. It is fully compatible to the standard J-Link and works with the same PC software.
Based on the highly optimized and proven J-Link, it offers even higher speed as well as target power measurement capabilities due to the faster CPU, built-in FPGA and High speed USB interface.
It connects via USB to a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or Windows 7. J-Link Ultra has a built-in 20-pin JTAG/SWD connector.
Since the PC-Software, form factor and connectors are the same as for the regular J-Link, it can be used with any software compatible with J-Link and any adapter, such as the JTAG-isolator.
Just like for the regular J-Link, the Unlimited Flash Breakpoints option for enhanced debugging of programs running in the flash of microcontrollers is available.
The J-Link is natively supported by IAR EWARM, KEIL µVision, Rowley Crossworks, and CodeSourcery G++. With the RDI and GDB-Server extensions, the supported tool-chains also include Atollic TrueStudio, Yagarto, and other RDI or GDB compatible development environments. If your development environment does not supply a Flash Loader for your device, the J-Link Ultra includes flash loaders designed for all popular devices with internal Flash.
The Unlimited Flash Breakpoints option allows the user to set an unlimited number of breakpoints while debugging within a device’s internal flash memory. This overcomes the hardware breakpoint limitations present in most common microcontrollers (2 on ARM7/9, 4 on Cortex-M0, typically 6 on Cortex-M3 and 8 on Renesas RX).
- Fully compatible to the standard J-Link
- Very high performance for all supported CPU cores
- Download speed up to 1500 Kbytes/second
- Hi-Speed-USB 2.0 interface
- Serial Wire Debug supported
- Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) supported
- SWV: UART and Manchester encoding supported
- SWO sampling frequencies up to 25 MHz
- Target power can be supplied
- Target power consumption can be measured with high accuracy.
- Direct download into flash memory of most popular microcontrollers supported
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4, Cortex-R4 and Renesas RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Automatic core recognition
- JTAG speed up to 25 MHz
- Seamless integration into the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE
- No power supply required, powered through USB
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All JTAG signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Support for multiple devices
- Fully plug and play compatible
- Standard 20-pin JTAG connector
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- USB and 20-pin ribbon cable included
- Memory viewer (J-Mem) included
- TCP/IP server included, which allows using J-Link via TCP/IP networks
- RDI interface available, which allows using J-Link with RDI compliant software
- Flash programming software (J-Flash) available
- Flash DLL available, which allows using flash functionality in custom applications
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- Optical isolation adapter available
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
- J-Link Ultra with standard 20-pin 0.1" male connector (compatible to J-Link)
- 20-pin, 0.1" target ribbon cable
- USB cable
Code:J-Link Ultra/JLINK ULTRA (8.16.00)