ESD Protection Diode with Resistors, 1-Wire, TSOC6, Maxim, RoHS
This DS9503 is designed as an ESD protection device for 1–Wire MicroLAN interfaces. In contrast to the DS9502, the DS9503 includes two 5 Ohm isolation resistors on chip. Although 5 Ohm are negligible during communication, they represent a high impedance relative to the conducting diode during an ESD event. Thus, the diode absorbs the energy while the resistors further isolate and protect the circuit at the other side of the package. If used with circuits that already have a strong ESD–protection at their I/O port, the ESD protection level is raised to more that 27 kV (IEC 801–2 Reference model). In case of abnormal ESD hits beyond its maximum ratings the DS9503 will eventually fail “short” thus preventing further damage.
- Zener characteristic with voltage snap–back to protect against ESD hits
- High avalanche voltage, low leakage and low capacitance avoid signal attenuation
- Compatible to all 5V logic families
- Space saving, low inductance TSOC surface mount package
- On–chip 5 Ohm resistors for isolation at both anode and cathode terminals
- Industrial temperature range