Nanocrystalline materials with new functionalities show great promise for use in industrial applications - such as reinforcing fillers in novel polymer composites - and substantial progress has been made in the past decade in their synthesis and processing. However, there are several issues that need to be addressed to develop these materials further. Among these, exploration of novel methods for the large-scale synthesis of low cost self-assembled nanostructures is a challenging research topic. Accordingly, there has emerged a demand to study their synthesis-structure-property relationships in order to understand the fundamental concepts underlying the observed physical and mechanical properties.
With contributions from leading experts, this book describes the fundamental theories and concepts that illustrate the complexity of the problem in developing novel nanocrystalline materials. It reviews the most up-to-date progress in the synthesis, microstructural characterization, physical and mechanical behavior, and application of nanomaterials.
* Investigates the synthesis, characterisation and properties of a huge variety of nanocrystalline materials, and their applications in industry
* Keeps the prominent challenges in nanomaterials fabrication at the forefront while offering the most up-to-date scientific findings
1. Solution Route to Semiconducting Nanomaterials (Chanlong Jiang, Jianbo Liang and Yitai Qian)
2. Synthetic Architecture of Inorganic Nanomaterials (Hua Chun Zeng)
3. Self-Assembled Monolayer on Silicon (Hiroyuki Sugimura)
4. Fabrication and Structural Characterization of Ultrathin Nanoscale Wires and Particles (Ning Wang and Kwok Kwok Fung)
5. Synthesis and Characterization of Various One-Dimensional Semiconducting Nanostructures (Jeunghee Park)
6. Formation, Characterization and Properties of One-Dimensional Oxide Nanostructures (Jih-Jen Wu, Sai-Chang Liu and Ko-wei Chang)
7. Synthesis of Hyberbranched Conjugative Polymers and their Applications as Photoresist and Precursors for Magnetic Nanoceramics (Jacky Wing Yip Lam, Matthias Haubler, Hongchen Dong, Anjun Qin and ben Zhong Tang)
8. Deformation Characteristics of Nanocrystalline Metals (S.C. Tjong)
9. Semiconductor Nanoparticle-Polymer Composites (M. Abdullah, Khairurrijal, Ferry Iskandar and Kiluo Okuyama)
10. Synthesis and Structure-Property Characteristics of Clay-Polymer Nanocomposites (S.C. Tjong)