+3.3V/+5V, 8-Channel Relay Drivers with Fast Recovery Time and Power-Save Mode, TQFN20, Maxim, RoHS
The MAX4824 8-channel relay drivers offer built-in kickback protection and drive +3V/+5V nonlatching or dual-coil-latching relays. Each independent open-drain output features a 2.7? (typ) on-resistance and is guaranteed to sink 70mA (min) of load current. These devices consume less than 300µA (max) quiescent current and have 1µA output off-leakage current. A Zener-kickback-protection circuit significantly reduces recovery time in applications where switching speed is critical.
The MAX4824 feature a unique power-save mode where the relay current, after activation, can be reduced to a level just above the relay hold-current threshold. This mode keeps the relay activated while significantly reducing the power consumption.
- Built-In Zener Kickback Protection for Fast Recovery
- Programmable Power-Save Mode Reduces Relay Power Consumption
- 10MHz SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-Compatible Serial Interface
- Eight Independent Output Channels
- Drive +3V and +5V Relays
- Guaranteed 5? (max) RON
- Guaranteed 70mA (min) Coil Drive Current
- SET / RESET Functions to Turn On/Off All Outputs Simultaneously
- Serial Digital Output for Daisy Chaining
- Optional Parallel Interface
- Low 300µA (max) Quiescent Supply Current
- Space-Saving, 4mm x 4mm, 20-Pin TQFN Package