DEV-11767 - PICASO µVGA-III, Graphics Controller, RoHS, SparkFun
The µVGA-III module is a compact and cost effective standalone VGA graphics engine powered by the PICASO graphics processor. It can provide a QVGA/VGA/WVGA graphics solution to any embedded project with its powerful graphics, text, image and animation capabilities, along with countless more features built inside the module.
The µVGA-III features a remote VGA connector, which is able to be disconnected from the PCB. The remote VGA connector enables flexible mounting and connection options when using the µVGA-III.
A 30 way header is provided on the rear of the PCB, which is left unpopulated from the factory, however the header is provided with the module. This can be soldered by the user if required, to gain additional IO and comms if required. Wires can also be soldered directly to the PCB if desired.
- Simple VGA interface to variety of monitors and LCD screens.
- Supports the following resolutions:
- 320 x 240 (QVGA)
- 640 x 480 (VGA)
- 800 x 480 (WVGA)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation
- Supports RGB 65K true to life colors
- 14KB of flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables, or 14KB shared user code and program variables
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial UART ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4Gb.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device - VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET. commands
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K baud
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated Line-Level PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card
- A 30 pin header for I/O expansion (supplied but not soldered onto the PCB)
- 15 pin D-type standard VGA connector to interface to any external VGA monitor, on a remote and detachable cable.
- Dimensions: 39.0 x 63.0 x 21.5mm
- Weight: ~ 17g
- µVGA-III Module
- 150mm 5 pin Female-Female jumper cable (with 5 pin Male-Male adapter to make the jumper cable into Male-Female)
- VGA Cable
- 2x15 pin SMT Connector