Wallace and Hobbs' original edition of Atmospheric Science . Now students and professionals are learning and technologies for solving problems.
Atmospheric Science, Second Edition, has been completely revamped in terms of content and appearance. It contains new atmospheric chemistry, the Earth system, climate, and the atmospheric boundary layer, as well as enhanced treatment of atmospheric dynamics, weather forecasting, radiative transfer, severe storms, and human impacts, such as global warming. The authors illustrate concepts with colorful state-of-the-art imagery and cover. They have also been developed.
With the thorough coverage of the fundamentals, clear explanations, and extensive updates, Wallace & Hobbs' Atmospheric Science, Second Edition, is the essential first step in educating today's atmospheric scientists.
* Full-color satellite imagery and cloud photographs illustrate principles throughout
* Extensive numerical and qualitative exercises
* Biographical footnotes summarize the history of meteorology and provide students with a sense of the long history of meteorology
* Companion website encourages more advanced exploration of text: supplementary information, images, and bonus exercises
1. Introduction and Overview
2. The Earth System
3. Atmospheric Thermodynamics
4. Radiative Transfer
5. Atmospheric Chemistry
6. Cloud Microphysics
7. Atmospheric Dynamics
8. Weather Systems
9. The Atmospheric Boundary Layer
10. Climate Dynamics